Re: No kill-ring-save region signalling in transient-mark-mode

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: No kill-ring-save region signalling in transient-mark-mode
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:27:28 +0300

Milan Zamazal <address@hidden> writes:
> So I suggest to add a user option that can re-enable visible region
> signalling in kill-ring-save.  What do you think about it?

A new option would be good.  The same option could be used also
to specify a delay after showing the region end.  I recently
replaced the constant 1 by `blink-matching-delay' for this purpose,
but a new special option would be useful for this and for your needs
as well.  When nil, it could disable showing the region end, and
when integer, to specify a delay.  However, I can't suggest a good
default value for backward compatibility.  And if this option is
relevant only for transient-mark-mode, then two separate options
will be needed.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/