Re: minibuffer-eldef

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: minibuffer-eldef
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 11:15:12 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> Also I like avoiding words (which are necessarily language-specific).
> Must be some Europe-vs-US thing, seeing how the US road signs are full
> of text whereas Europeans ones use mostly language-neutral symbols.

I actually prefer the " [...]" syntax over "(default ...)" too[*], but I
think it's more important for Emacs to be consistent.  I don't think it
should be just "Whatever the prompt author happened to like."

[*] I suppose I could see an argument that explicitly saying "default"
    helps extreme newbies, though -- at least those that know English.
    :-)

-Miles
--
`There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
 Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.'