Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:03:39 +0100

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

> Miles Bader wrote:
>
>>On 6/14/05, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>>>The "hold
>>>long for setting point" is, for example, also employed in the Mac
>>>Finder and (I think) Windows if you want to rename a file instead of
>>>start or select it.
>
> Yes, the use of it for renaming is very confusing.

Especially so since it isn't actually used for that, though many
people beleive it to be, and probably end up thinking they get a 50%
success rate as a result. To rename a file in Windows you click once on
the file to select it, and a second time within the text to edit
it. Cells in spreadsheets work the same way.