Re: Strange eval-after-load

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Strange eval-after-load
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 22:00:55 +1200

 > > As somebody who switches Font Lock off, what would you put in cc-mode.el
 > > for GNU Emacs 21 in place of the following form:
 > >
 > >     (eval-after-load "font-lock" '(require 'cc-fonts))
 > (if (featurep 'font-lock)
 >     (require 'cc-fonts)
 >   (add-hook 'font-lock-mode-hook '(lambda nil (require 'cc-fonts))))

font-lock-mode-hook doesn't seem to exist, perhaps because it's only a minor

The only problem that I've encountered with eval-after-load was one
Klaus Zeitler reported using (eval-after-load "gdb-ui" FORM)

It might have been one of timing - unlike a mode-hook you have no control over
when the forms are evaluated - but it gave problems even when the FORM did
nothing significant.  That said, I don't think there was a problem before
Alan's recent changes to eval-after-load ;-)