Re: Patch: Syntax and Hard Newlines

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Patch: Syntax and Hard Newlines
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 06:28:15 -0500

> I got "Fontifying 1.pl...buffer size greater than
> font-lock-maximum-size" when evaluating the forms.

Which again implies that the buffer had no syntax-table (or face)
properties applied.  Better set font-lock-maximum-size to nil.
And BTW, there's no need to redo the font-lock-mode OFF/ON all the time.
You just need to redo the call to parse-partial-sexp.

>> From this result I can see the delay caused by
> `parse-sexp-lookup-properties'.

To me it looked like it was lost in the noise.

        Stefan