Re: NT icons

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: NT icons
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:04:39 -0500

>     That should teach us a lesson not to delete anything without a
>     good faith effort to prove that it doesn't have valid copyright
>     assignment.  Richard didn't just start being pedantic about
>     copyrights; we always checked files' assignments before a major
>     release.  So I cannot believe we have any old files in the
>     distribution that we cannot distribute.  We may have lost our
>     memory, but the files are kosher.
>
> I agree.  When something looks dubious, we shoulc check the facts
> rather than rush to delete it.

Since the chances of any infringing code showing up is so small, I
suggest leaving the remainder of the copyright audit till after the
Emacs 22 release.  It should not hold the release.

I think that after Alan's C++ misfontification fix comes in, we should
release a final pretest tarball, or even Emacs 22.1 itself.