Re: REDO ?

From: A Soare
Subject: Re: REDO ?
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:44:42 +0200 (CEST)

> > What do you think about inserting a redo command for the next version ? (23)
> > For me it could be very useful.
> Yes, it's pretty much on my todo list.  Note that we already have "redo",
> just not as a command.  The current way to do "redo" is to use the command
> "undo".  The only difference is that if the last modification was not an
> "undo" the undo command will not fail (as "redo" would) but will simply undo
> instead.  Also if the last command was an "undo", the undo command will keep
> undoing instead of doing a "redo" (i.e. undoing the last undo).

Logically in this moment the redo should be done by a negative
argument. But:

C-/ => Undo!

Now it should be possible to apply a redo.

M-- M-1 C-/ => Undo!

But the text did not change to

> > Also, every time when we press undo or redo, to see (optionally) in the
> > minibuffer the current change in yank kill, and the previous, and
> > the next.
> I do not understand.

This would be good if it possible to implement it. I meant to see
in the minibuffer after applying an undo or a redo the text after
applying next an undo and the text after applying next a redo...

Alin Soare.