Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs

From: joakim
Subject: Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:16:18 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> address@hidden writes:
>
>> C-RET is kind of difficult to produce in a terminal, meaning that some
>> of these emacs features are difficult to test for us emacs terminal
>> users.
>
> Since C-SPC toggles the normal mark, I was looking for "similar bindings"
> to toggle the rectangle mark (C-RET) and global mark (S-C-SPC).
>
> I chose C-RET to set the rectangle mark, since RET has a nice
> mostly-rectangle shape, and C-RET is easy to type.
>

> Do you have any suggestions for alternative bindings on a terminal?

No I dont really.

I dont really understand why C-RET doesnt work either.

I use a terminal emulator called Putty sometimes, and an xterm
sometimes. They differ in which keys are acceptable. For instance I
use shift-arrows for moving between windows using
(windmove-default-keybindings). I need to patch Putty to make
shift-arrows work, but it works directly with xterm.

If I could find out which keys are acceptable in terminals maybe I
could contribute better.

--
Joakim Verona