Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:21:07 +0200

> Eli Zaretskii writes:
>
>  > Are you sure such a thorough familiarity is indeed required?
>
> I am not a prophet.

Well, this is the Church of Emacs we are talking about...

> I offered my experience.  You are free to learn something from it,
> or not.

And I was pleasantly surprised for this advice which was earnt the
hard way and offered freely to a project which can't exactly be
expected to be close to your heart.

However, our track record of experience against (let's call it)
optimism is not exactly impressive.  This may not be all bad at all
times: after all, Emacs has been declared doomed quite a number at
times, and has kept up.

I, for one, am grateful for the contributions you still make in spite
of their reception.  While you are not singled out in this kind of
reception, you'd have more reason than others to stop bothering, and I
appreciate that you still do your part in trying to prevent the
unnecessary reiteration of mistakes.