Re: Three strikes them out

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Three strikes them out
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 00:59:18 +0200

> I agree with Lennart that Emacs should provide more facilities to get
> out of awkward situations. Sure, fix the bug, but how is any given Emacs
> user affected by some Emacs bug somewhere supposed to do that?

If the bug is with Emacs' fontification routines there's hardly anything
a user can do but give a simple and precise recipe to reproduce the bug
and wait until someone familiar with the code fixes it.  At least that's
what I would do.

> Lennarts "c-g repeatedly" maybe wasnt the best example. Surely this
> doesnt exclude the possibility of adding some other helpful feature?

If it's timer based it might depend on whether you're able to intercept
it.