Re: Release plans

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 21:33:21 -0400

    I think it would "do you good" to spend a week using only proprietary
    software on a Microsoft Windows system; I don't think you're aware of
    just how sucky it is.

If I did all my work in Emacs, as usual, I might not notice much difference.

                           If you were, you'd realise that campaigning on the
    basis of software quality in addition to freedom could be effective
    indeed.

I am sure it IS effective for convincing people to use GNU/Linux
when that is more convenient.  I want to convince people
to insist on freedom even when it is inconvenient.