Re: Cygwin emacs - does it work?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Cygwin emacs - does it work?
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 16:09:40 +0200

Miles Bader wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:
I just out of curiosity installed Cygwin Emacs. Now I am more curious
about why this version of Emacs is there.

It certainly _used_ to work just fine, and is of course quite useful for
using with a cygwin installation.

I've only installed it from the standard cygwin package though...
[about 7 months ago]

I have installed it from the setup.exe that comes with cygwin. When you say that it worked 7 months ago it reminds me that there was a new release of the cygwin dll in may. Since I see things like C-c beeing recieved by Emacs as C-g I guess that the new dll can be the problem.

It is however also an old version of Emacs they are distributing.

I don't have a windows system now though.

-Miles