Re: Darkening font-lock colors

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Darkening font-lock colors
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 14:13:50 +0900

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
> My favorites have changed a bit (or maybe I have changed). RosyBrown4
> is unfortunately rather dull. It is possible to use more colored
> colors which are easier to distinguish.

Being "easy to distinguish" is not the only goal.  There's also
"not driving the user insane" and "what my momma done used".

The thing is that every user seems to have different ideas what the
optimal goal is (thus stupid flame-wars anytime anyone suggests changing
face colors)...

-Miles

--
One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to
do, and always a clever thing to say.  -- Will Durant