Re: bzr Q&A [was Re: log format for vc-bzr]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: bzr Q&A [was Re: log format for vc-bzr]
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 12:35:10 +0200

> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D3scar?= Fuentes
>  <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 12:56:52 -0500
>
> If someone(s) could start keeping a very simple, factual, plain-text
> document that summarizes the things people have asked, along the lines
> of:
>
> Q: X asked, how do I do...
> A: Y answered, use `bzr ...'
>
> I for one would be very grateful, but I know it's a lot to ask.

Not exactly in the format you asked for, but here's what I have so
far:

* Diff

** A handy alias for "bzr diff", put in [ALIASES] section of your
personal bazaar.conf file:

    diff=diff --diff-options -p

** To diff a branch against its parent:

    bzr diff -r submit:

** To diff the last revision [of foo] against the one before that:

    bzr diff -r-2.. [foo]

** To diff the last revision [of foo] against revision N:

    bzr diff -rN.. [foo]

* Status

** To show the files affected by the last revision:

     bzr status -V -r-2
 or
     bzr status -c-1

** To show the files affected between two revisions:

    bzr status -V -rN..M

* Revert, undelete, etc.

** To restore a deleted file FOO:

   bzr revert FOO

** To restore all deleted files:

   bzr revert `bzr deleted`

* Merge

** To merge from parent branch, even if there are uncommitted changes:

   bzr merge --force

** To start a branch from uncommitted changes in a trunk:

   cd ..
   bzr branch trunk fix-something
   cd fix-something
   bzr merge ../trunk --uncommitted