Re: bzr workflow

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: bzr workflow
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:57:25 -0500

On 1/11/10, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sam Steingold <address@hidden> writes:
>
>  > 1. Am I the only one who thinks this is a little too convoluted? (the only
>  > other DVC I regularly use is hg, and there the workflow is "commit+push"
>  > instead of the recommended emacs workflow "commit+merge+commit").
>

> Nothing stops you from using the more advanced workflow.

what "more advanced workflow"?

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrForEmacsDevs

It might occur to you to save some effort by just doing bzr push
directly to the upstream master from inside the quickfixes branch:

      cd $DEVHOME/emacs/quickfixes
      bzr push sftp://address@hidden/srv/bzr/emacs/trunk/

Do not do this — it can cause history to be displayed in a strange way
in the upstream master, any mirrors or branches of it, and your own
branch later. Search for the word “hidden” in this mail for more
details.

--
Sam Steingold <http://sds.podval.org>