Re: Integrating package.el

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Integrating package.el
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 13:13:36 -0700

Ted> I don't think that's ideal either.  I'd rather use the authors' version
Ted> and then allow an override by the repository maintainer.

Yes.  My policy for ELPA has just been to require sanity from the
maintainers.  In general I don't upload a package that is broken, and I
require changes to go upstream before uploading.  My reasoning was that
a little sanity is not very hard to achieve (though in real life there
are a some recalcitrant types out there) and it was better to try to
distribute the work instead of taking it all on myself.

Tom