Re: debbugs search output

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: debbugs search output
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 20:36:40 +0200

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

>> "http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/soap.cgi";, the response is
>
> The soap.cgi script is present in /var/lib/debbugs/www/cgi/ on the
> server, but I don't know why it's not running.

Thanks, this makes it clear. The correct URL is
"http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/soap.cgi"; then.

If somebody wants to play with, xesam-debbugs.el is available from
<http://ubuntuone.com/p/8dy/> (sorry, I have no better place to
store). One needs also <http://oconnor.cx/elisp/soap.el>.

Load xesam-debbugs, and apply "M-x xesam-search" afterwards. As search
string (asked interactively), you might use "package:gnus". You will see
the idea. Other possible search strings are in the commentary.

The package is in a quite early state, most of the search strings don't
work anymore (they did in the past). When I wrote it back in 2008, it
was more a proof-of-concept for Xesam based searches.

Since then, Xesam development has been stalled (Xesam was not accepted
by the major search engines like Tracker, finally). This is one of the
reasons I have stopped with the package. One could extract the SOAP
interface, and get rid of all the Xesam sorcery, in order to continue.

Best regards, Michael.