Re: Set the version number in the texinfo manuals using configure

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Set the version number in the texinfo manuals using configure
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 19:57:53 +0200

> makeinfo cannot be the factor here.  But Make (and sh.exe, if you have
> it) can.  Which ones do you have, and what versions are they?

Make is GNU Make 3.81 built for i686-pc-mingw32.

and I'm running make info from XP's cmd.exe.

> Also, can you show all the messages from a pair of "make info"
> invocations, whereby the first fails while the second succeeds?

IIUC the first run with the error message does build the calc info files
and stops after the error message.  The second run then builds the
remaining info files.  If I now remove the calc info files and rerun
"make info" I get the same error message again.

> Finally, do you perhaps have MAKEINFO set in the environment?

My makeinfo is in

C:\Programme\Gnuwin32\bin\makeinfo.EXE

and the _directory_ is in the path if it's that what you mean.  The
executable is not.

martin