Re: Set the version number in the texinfo manuals using configure

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Set the version number in the texinfo manuals using configure
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 22:50:23 +0200

> That's not what I meant.  If you have sh.exe somewhere on PATH, Make
> will use it to run commands (although it shouldn't in this case).

I have no sh.exe on PATH or elsewhere.

> So it's not like it succeeds the second time, it always fails for
> you.  It's just that the --force switch forces it to build the Info
> manual regardless of the error.

But it somehow stops after the error the first time and builds the
remaining files only the second time (at least I think so).

> No, I meant to ask if there's an environment variable named MAKEINFO
> set on your machine.  What does "set MAKEINFO" display if you type it
> from cmd and hit Enter?

It tells me that the variable is not defined.

> Also, do you see the same error message if you touch faq.texi and then
> run "make info"?

After removing the calc info files I see

C:\emacs\trunk\nt>make info
make   -C ../doc/emacs info
make[1]: Entering directory `C:/emacs/trunk/doc/emacs'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `info'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/emacs/trunk/doc/emacs'
make   -C ../doc/misc info
make[1]: Entering directory `C:/emacs/trunk/doc/misc'
makeinfo --force -I./../emacs faq.texi
makeinfo --force calc.texi
calc.texi:10: @include `emacsver.texi': No such file or directory.
make[1]: *** [../../info/calc] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/emacs/trunk/doc/misc'
make: *** [info-gmake] Error 2

C:\emacs\trunk\nt>

Touching calc.texi doesn't change anything BTW (I'm completely ignorant
in this regard).

martin