Re: Git mirrors

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Git mirrors
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 16:04:38 +0900

John Wiegley writes:

 > I have my own fully-automated sync happening here on my own
 > machine, using git-bzr and bzr-fast-import, so I can't imagine it
 > would be any harder for a server to do.

(If you haven't already done so) May I suggest that you make the bzr
revision id available somehow for every revision (probably use of "git
notes" would be best)?  If the canonical git mirror always makes the
revid available, you can ask reporters to fish it out.  Somebody[tm]
will quickly write a command to extract it and do something vc.el-y
with it (eg, bzr diff, bzr revert).  And of course report-emacs-bug
can be trained to DTRT here.

Note that you *don't* need to do this immediately for past revisions.
If some bzr-lover wants them, because git notes are ahistorical, they
can be added later by sis (a Sufficiently Intelligent Script), and in
any case they'll rapidly become obsolete.