Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development

From: Barry Warsaw
Subject: Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 20:31:40 -0400

On Mar 26, 2013, at 03:42 PM, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:

>I still think git is a horrible DVCS

I happen to agree.  Mercurial is much better, though I still prefer Bazaar.
Mercurial is also GPLv2 and has free (as in $) hosting facilities available.

FWIW, I tend to think that people like git because of github more than because
of git in particular.  Unfortunately github is not free software AFAIK.
Neither is Bitbucket (probably the most popular hosting site for Mercurial
branches).  OTOH, Launchpad (the most popular bzr hosting site) *is* free
software too.

Cheers,
-Barry