Re: Integrating new "GNU Emacs Contributing Guide" into Emacs web pages.

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Integrating new "GNU Emacs Contributing Guide" into Emacs web pages.
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 13:44:21 -0400

Karl Fogel wrote:

> Any objections if I integrate Xue Fuqiao's guide into those pages in
> some reasonable way?  (Which I'm not defining here only because I'll
> figure it out if/when we're generally agreed this is a Good Thing.)

In principle, no, though without having read it yet I'm not sure it
makes sense to have both this _and_ etc/CONTRIBUTE (which is already on
the website). I imagine you just upload it and change the CONTRIBUTE link
to point to it.
(Also note that Xue Fuqiao has commit rights.)

> Xue, what was the original format of the document?  LaTeX or Docbook?
> (I think if we integrate it into the web site, we should probably just
> use the HTML version as master, to keep things simple, but maybe there
> is a reason to generate HTML from another format?)

Normally we use Texinfo. This will give HTML that matches the format of
the other pages. Normally the source would live somewhere in the normal
Emacs repo, and the HTML in the CVS repo. HTML only is fine for web-only
documents.

PS "incredible adventure"? Bah humbug.