Re: Integrating new "GNU Emacs Contributing Guide" into Emacs web pages.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Integrating new "GNU Emacs Contributing Guide" into Emacs web pages.
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 23:32:22 -0400

>>> I don't have edit rights on (c), as far as I know, so I hope someone
>> Anyone with commit rights to Emacs has commit rights to the web pages.
>> http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=emacs
> Any objections if I integrate Xue Fuqiao's guide into those pages in
> some reasonable way?  (Which I'm not defining here only because I'll
> figure it out if/when we're generally agreed this is a Good Thing.)

I think it's OK.  Tho it might be worth splitting it into a few, more
targeted parts.  E.g. one could be "how to submit a patch" and another
could be a "primer for new committer".  They should be as short as
possible, to try and make sure even the unmotivated read it.

One detail: I'm not completely comfortable with the GSoC section.
While GSoC is a nice source of funding I (and I believe the FSF as well)
has some reservations about it in general (e.g. the restrictions on
nationals of stigmatized countries like Cuba, Iran, ...), so I'm not
sure I like advertising it on our web site (although I have advertised
it on this very list just a few days ago).

        Stefan