Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 05:03:45 -0400

  > It no longer takes 8 keystrokes (or even 4) to enter a curved quote -- I
suggest
  > using the new Electric Quote minor mode, where it typically takes just 1
  > keystroke.

With that mode, the inconvenience will be more or less limited to
those who don't know about it.  Will it be enabled by default in Emacs
Lisp mode?

Even if we eliminate the practical inconvenience, it is still added
complexity, and that has a cost, both in maintenance and in use.  What
practical advantage justifies this complexity?

--
Dr Richard Stallman