Re: Emacs pretest 25.0.90

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 25.0.90
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 20:06:44 +0100

Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> No, I'm pretty sure that my laptop has no malware on it.
>
> However, if I had clicked to accept this crap (in order to get
> the Emacs pretest download), then I might well have gotten
> infected with malware. ;-)

I found this page for example:

http://www.howtogeek.com/218764/warning-don%E2%80%99t-download-software-from-sourceforge-if-you-can-help-it/

E.g. "Although SourceForge may no longer be bundling these applications
with junkware for the moment, the SourceForge website is still full of
misleading advertisements that point you to installers full of
junkware."

I guess what you describe is covered by that sentence.

If it is true what is described there, I think it would be better to
provide the pretest at a different place.

Michael.