[Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Org-babel integrated into Org-mode

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Org-babel integrated into Org-mode
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:31:05 +0200

Hi Eric,

> I've just merged the babel branch into the main branch of Org-mode.
>
> [...]
>
> 2) Babel will now be loaded by default along with the rest of Org-mode. This
>    means that *everyone* currently using babel will need to change their
>    Emacs config and remove the (require 'org-babel-int) and/or (require
>    'org-babel) lines.
>
>    Support for evaluating emacs-lisp code blocks is loaded by default. All
>    other languages will need to be required explicitly. To conform to Emacs
>    filename specifications all language require lines have been shortened
>    from e.g.
>
>    (require 'org-babel-sh)

>    (require 'ob-sh)

For my own understanding, what's the status of `Org-babel-screen', for which
I've never been able to understand completely all the differences with `sh' in
`Org-babel'?

Second, a problem with the following code:

      ;; Org-babel needs to be told to recognize awk source code blocks and
      ;; how they should be tangled, which can be accomplished with the
      ;; following:
      (org-babel-add-interpreter "awk")
      (add-to-list 'org-babel-tangle-langs '("awk" "awk"))

      (org-babel-add-interpreter "fortran")
      (add-to-list 'org-babel-tangle-langs '("fortran" "f"))

      ;; ;; org-babel panics when trying to evaluate ruby code blocks because
      ;; ;; you don't have the required ruby executables available on your
      ;; ;; system. Probably the best way to deal with this is to remove ruby
      ;; ;; from the list of languages supported by babel:
      ;; (setq org-babel-interpreters (delete "ruby" org-babel-interpreters))

      ;; make pre-built helper functions (`lob') available
      ;; (org-babel-load-library-of-babel)

      ;; mapping between languages (listings in LaTeX) and their major mode
      ;; (in Emacs)
      (setq org-src-lang-modes
            '(("ocaml" . tuareg)
              ("elisp" . emacs-lisp)
              ;; ("Delphi" . perl)
              ("ditaa" . artist)
              ("asymptote" . asy)
              ("dot" . fundamental)))
      ;; )

Neither org-babel-add-interpreter, neither its shorter version do exist now?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban