Re: [Orgmode] Columns with LaTeX beamer export

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Columns with LaTeX beamer export
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 16:08:48 +0100

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 09:46:49 +0200, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I cannot understand how to create a beamer frame with columns.  Neither
> the info docs nor Worg make me grasp it.
>
> It somehow works if I add some additional outline structure like that:

> ** Situation                                                      :B_columns:
>    :PROPERTIES:
>    :BEAMER_env: columns
>    :END:
> *** Zu erstellendes System ist nach /Analyse/ und /Entwurf/ hinreichend
> spezifiziert  :BMCOL:
>     :PROPERTIES:
>     :BEAMER_col: 0.7
>     :END:
> *** Aufgabe der *Implementationsphase*: Programmierung des spezifizierten
> Entwurfs in der festgelegten Zielsprache
>       - *Programmieren im Kleinen*
>       - Heute immer öfter: Einsatz von *Generierungstechniken*
>
> *** Der Lebenslauf                                                    :BMCOL:
>     :PROPERTIES:
>     :BEAMER_col: 0.3
>     :END:
>
>    #+ATTR_LaTeX: width=0.45\textwidth
>    [[./cycle.pdf]]
>
> But I don't want to do that.  The problem with that approach is that
> "Der Lebenslauf" is now an item, but I just want to put the pdf image on
> the right column.  And that the top-level entries are on one line looks
> also bad.
>
> >From the docs, I can grasp that a new column starts at an entry with
> :BEAMER_col: property.  But since I cannot put a property on something
> else than a headline, I don't understand how Worg mentions "Columns
> without additional outline structure".
>
> Can anyone enlighten me with an example with some columns and no
> additional outline structure?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Tassilo

Tassilo, I wrote a simple tutorial for beamer in org which you can
find on Worg (sorry: I'm offline so don't have the link at hand).

If I understood your message correctly, the solution may be to specify
the type of column environment to use (and what to do with the heading
of the column).  Type "C-c C-b" and select one of the environments
suggested.  I typically choose one of "b" (block), "e" (example) or
"i" (ignore heading).

HTH,
eric
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D