Re: [Orgmode] Re: Columns with LaTeX beamer export

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Columns with LaTeX beamer export
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 09:14:52 +0200

Hi Carsten,

> the only way to understand this paragraph is historical.

I guessed it, thanks for making that clear.

> In the early days of BEAMER export, Eric Fraga invented a way to make
> columns using an additional level of outline structure, just for
> making the columns.
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/19895/focus=19895

Interesting.

> This worked, but made it difficult to export this file in any other
> way, because of the extra structure.  This was overcome with the
> BEAMER_col property, and this is what this paragraph and the phrase
> "without additional structure" is referring to.

Ah, ok.  So now you don't need an extra outline structure for making a
*columns* environment, but you still need it for ending the last
*column* and starting a new one.

I've though I could go without the latter, too.  That would be good for
documents you export as presentation but also as article handout.

> The "tutorial" I wrote on worg is out of date and bad, maybe we should
> remove it?  Does someone (Eric Fraga?) have time to check if there is
> anything interesting in there that is is still true and not covered by
> the manual or by Eric's tutorial?  If not, we should remove this
> outdated document.

I think every property is explained in the info docs, and Eric's
tutorial shows some nice and well explained examples, so the
org-beamer.org file could be deleted.

> If it adds something, maybe we can move that information?

It adds confusion, so we should move that to the texinfo docs!?! ;-)

Bye,
Tassilo