Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner problems...

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner problems...
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:38:10 -0500

Thanks for the troubleshooting help Sacha. I will try your updated
version as soon as I can and get back to you. In the meantime I do
have the following info:

> Hmm. What's font-lock-support-mode?

jit-lock-mode

> That's odd. This is my fault, but I've never run into the problem
> before... Hmm. Could you send me an offending page?

Pretty much any page with tasks (even one not being viewed, but buffer
is open) can have it. I can't make it happen right now (it's
unpredictable... sometimes saving again without changes can succeed.)
but it seems to happen more often when there's more than one paragraph
full of tasks. This is what happens:

BEFORE:

#A1  _ task description
#A2  _ task description
#A3  _ task description
#B4  _ task description

#A5  _ task description
#A6  _ task description
#B7  _ task description
#B8  _ task description
#B9  _ task description
#B10 _ task description

AFTER TRYING TO SAVE:

#A1  _ task description
#A2  _ task description
#A3  _ task description
#B4  _ task description
#A1  _ task description  <--- duplicate of A1 fills blank line
#A5  _ task description
#A6  _ task description
#B7  _ task description
#B8  _ task description
#B9  _ task description
#B10 _ task description

> Oh, this is because those use overlays. The following Lisp snippet
> fixes that, I think.
>
> (defadvice emacs-wiki-unhighlight-region (after planner activate)
>   "Get rid of overlays."
>   (planner-zap-overlays begin end))

This results in all white plain text even with font locking turned
off. Toggling the font-locking produces the following:

emacs-wiki-unhighlight-region
Preparing diary...done
Error during redisplay: (void-function planner-zap-overlays)
call-interactively: Quit
Wrote /home/dto/Plans/2004.11.19
emacs-wiki-unhighlight-region: Symbol's function definition is void:
planner-zap-overlays
Font-Lock mode enabled
Error during redisplay: (void-function planner-zap-overlays) [16 times]
(No changes need to be saved)
Error during redisplay: (void-function planner-zap-overlays) [18 times]
emacs-wiki-unhighlight-region: Symbol's function definition is void:
planner-zap-overlays
Font-Lock mode enabled
Error during redisplay: (void-function planner-zap-overlays) [16 times]
emacs-wiki-unhighlight-region: Symbol's function definition is void:
planner-zap-overlays
Font-Lock mode enabled
Error during redisplay: (void-function planner-zap-overlays) [16 times]
emacs-wiki-unhighlight-region: Symbol's function definition is void:
planner-zap-overlays
Font-Lock mode enabled
Error during redisplay: (void-function planner-zap-overlays) [16 times]
emacs-wiki-unhighlight-region: Symbol's function definition is void:
planner-zap-overlaysError during redisplay: (void-function planner-zap-overlays)
Error during redisplay: (void-function planner-zap-overlays) [4 times]
Quit [3 times]