Re: [ESPResSo-users] LB Boundary

From: Stefan Kesselheim
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] LB Boundary
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 07:27:26 +0200

Hi,

On Jul 18, 2013, at 4:57 AM, Vincent Ustach <address@hidden> wrote:

> Stefan,
>
> Thanks for your continued help. I will look for this command that will help
> apply the particle geometry to lbnode boundaries. According to the UG "set"
> is not supported with lbnode.
>
> the code
> lbnode 15 15 15 set boundary 1
>
> gives the error
> unknown feature "boundary" of lbnode x y z set
>     while executing
> "lbnode 15 15 15 set boundary 1 "

You are right! I thought we had that feature at some point, but it seems we
don't have it any more. Maybe it was cut out because the GPU port was not
totally straightforward… Or it was only in an old development version.

> Otherwise I am going to start work on the developer's side to allow
> individual boundary nodes to be set.

When implementing that feature again it is probably the easiest to write a new
lbboundary called node_collection or similar with just gets a set of tcl index
triples when created. This would fit nicely into our present implementation and
also fix the force calculation issue. I'd be glad to see you getting started on
the developer's side. Are you already using git? If you have questions, I'd be
glad to help.

BTW: There will be an Espresso summer school in October, which has also an
advanced track, and is also a kind of  developer's meeting. Maybe you want to
join…

Best
Stefan