fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] How about including an init command?

From: Tom von Schwerdtner
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] How about including an init command?
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 22:18:49 -0400

On Oct 14, 2009, at 10:08 PM, Taras Mankovski wrote:

Hey Jeff,

You're right. After I wrote, the email, I thought about it and
realized it's really only 1 or 2 lines.

But it would still save a few steps and it would be very easy to write.

Even though it would be very few lines of code, such a thing is very nice to have, and at minimum that's a few lines of code that I no longer have to write myself.

However, I think there is a bigger opportunity here to provide some simple docs for the user, eg something along the lines of the default apache.conf (if you want to be verbose), or something simple like a few sample host definitions and a sample deploy() function (both commented out by default I'd think).

-Tom