fab-user

[Fab-user] library of fabfiles

From: andrea crotti
Subject: [Fab-user] library of fabfiles
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:14:32 +0000

I have all around fabfiles which are more or less copied and pasted
all over the place.
So I decided to create a new structure which is something like this

common.py
fabfile_api.py
__init__.py
README
tests
variables.py

And then just add some symlinks in the directories where the fabfiles
were previously.
The problem is that the relative imports are failing:
from .variables import CLONE

because running "fab" will run the fabfile_api as a script, thus
making the relative imports not work.
Any solution for this problem?
Any other suggestions to organize your deployment scripts?