Re: [fluid-dev] Some guidelines for FluidSynth development

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Some guidelines for FluidSynth development
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 14:50:08 -0400

Quoting David Henningsson <address@hidden>:
I imported the generated Doxygen docs into subversion here:
https://resonance.org/svn/fluidsynth/api/index.html
This will allow anyone with SVN write access to update the docs.

Is that the main reason you decided to put it there? To me it does not
seem right to put auto-generated files in a source code repository.

Yes, that is the main reason. I guess also since it seemed like the easiest way to get it posted at the time, since I still haven't figured out how to make a set of docs or pages accessible inside the fluidsynth.resonance.org Trac managed subdomain, since Trac always tries to handle it. Ideal would be to place it somewhere on fluidsynth.resonance.org but not have Trac muck with it.

Also I'm missing that public API reference, but that is perhaps work in
progress by Pedro?

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean the ability to differentiate between public and private API functions?

To me it seems good to put:
@since: 1.0.9 or earlier
on every existing public API function? That will make it easier to see
what functions you can mess around with and what you have to preserve.
It seems to be boring work though. ;-)
I don't think that is all that necessary.  The FluidSynth API hasn't
changed much at all over the past years.  As long as we are good about
marking new API, we can assume that any other API has been around for a
while.

Well, that was just to aid the developer, to easy see which functions
belong to the public API and which functions don't, without having to go
to the .h file.

It does indeed seem important to have an easy way to tell the difference between public and private API. I kind of think they should be completely separate generated docs.

// David

Josh