Re: [fluid-dev] New debian/ubuntu package available for testing

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] New debian/ubuntu package available for testing
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 21:19:05 +0200

Bernat Arlandis i Mañó skrev:
> It installs and works ok,

Hooray! :-)

> but building the package gives these warnings:
>
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpthread.so.0 could be avoided
> if "debian/fluidsynth/usr/bin/fluidsynth" were not uselessly linked
> against it (they use none of its symbols).

Since "ldd fluidsynth" displays a dependency on libpthread this issue
seems to be inherited from upstream. Is this a problem that can be fixed
by editing the autotools files? Josh, perhaps you know how to fix that?

> I can't install the -dev package since it depends on libjack0.100.0-dev,
> this is a dummy transitional package, you should depend on libjack-dev
> instead.

Ok, noticed. But can't you just install libjack0.100.0-dev then? It is
present in sid.

> Now that we're at it, QSynth is orphaned, aren't you interested on
> maintaining it too? ;)

Given the boring copyright work I had to do for fluidsynth, I'm not
interested at the moment. After all, fluidsynth 1.0.9 is not even
uploaded to unstable yet. :( If you or anyone else want to help out, you
can do so by verifying that there are no copyright violations in
fluidsynth, in particular, checking

1) that the alsa driver has not borrowed any code from Ardour (which is
currently released under GPL).

2) that the code borrowed from the music-dsp code archive (or list) was
used with permission.

// David