Re: [fluid-dev] Re: What is the best way start fluidsynth with zero/low

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: What is the best way start fluidsynth with zero/low latency? (Louis B.)
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 03:56:34 +0200

Louis B. skrev:
> I have update the wiki to read
>
> <q>First you need to reduce the CPU usage which helps reduce the
> chances of data under-run which causes the audio cut out. This can be
> done by turning off the Reverb and Chorus with the flags '-C0 -R0' and
> also by halving the sample rate with the flag '-r22050'. </q>
>
> I have just retested it and halving the sample rate helps more than
> removing the Reverb and Chorus with the under-run.

Just to check:

Are you aware of that halving the sample rate will double the latency,
unless you adjust the period size accordingly?

That is, if you have a period size of 64 samples with sample-rate 22050,
that should be compared to a period size of 128 samples with sample-rate
44100 to make it a fair comparision (i e same latency).

// David