freeride-devel

[FR-devel] Re: Debugger

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: [FR-devel] Re: Debugger
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:09:02 +0100

Rich Kilmer wrote:
Laurent,

I never finished working on breakpoints in the new refactorings.  I will
move to doing that now.  This would have prevented any work you did from
functioning correctly.

I would be cool if we could get the debugger back to where you had it.
I got the main UI up an running but never confirmed the code was
functional (other than showing the UI).

Give a couple of couple of days and I'll do it myself. I need to 'reconnect' with the refactored version of FR and updating the Debugger code is a good excercise for me.

With respect to the breakpoints, my intention is to keep the notion of 'line markers' attached to the EditPane because in a future release I want the markers to be associated with a given file and placed automatically when the file is loaded again in a future session.

Similarly I also want the EditPane to catch the 'marker move' events generated by the Scintilla widget and update the line numbers accrodingly. This will allow the debugger to run on modified files that have not yet been saved (IdeaJ does that)

Suggestions, comments welcome.

Laurent

--
Laurent JULLIARD - Xerox R&T/SSTC/XPA - Open Source team