freeride-devel

Re: [FR-devel] Re: Debugger

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] Re: Debugger
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:28:06 +0100

Rich Kilmer wrote:
I'm sure you can figure this out but...

Notice that I created a deligation architecture through proc slots
mounted under each editpane like:

plugin["command/cut"].call

These deligated proc slots are "fulfilled" by the renderer.  The
editpane presents a regular object API with .cut, .copy, etc that then
calls these procs.
When it comes to having data stored on the editpane (for markers) just
analyze the interactions and create the appropriate proc deligation
calls...then code the behavior on the editpane and renderer side.

Thanks Luarent,

Rich

I looked at the Editpane.rb and EditPaneRenderer.rb file and I understand the mechanics of commands. I just want to check my understanding a little bit further:

- For now all your commands are defined in EditPaneRenderer.rb because they all more or less deal with renderer function at some point

- I guess all commands that deal with EditPane.rb level stuff only could perfectly be defined in the EditPane.rb, right ?

- In the same vein, I think all the old class level method (EditPane.open, close_all, current=, breakpoints, find) could also be turned into commands but these commands should be attached to the top level EditPane slot because it doesn't make any sense to redefine them again in all Edit pane instance slot, right ?

Which bring me to the last question? Are there guidelines to follow to decide which method should be invokde through a command and which one should be called directly through the class.method classical invocation?

Laurent
--
Laurent JULLIARD - Xerox R&T/SSTC/XPA - Open Source team