RE: Glyph Bitmap Caching in FreeType

From: Feinberg, Matthew
Subject: RE: Glyph Bitmap Caching in FreeType
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:21:19 -0500

Ah, okay... now I understand.  For some reason I thought FreeType 2 was
going to render entire strings.

This makes much more sense now.

How likely is it that you'll have a glyph caching component?  I was just
about to have someone start working on adding glyph caching to our
software, but if it's going to be available as an option component in
FT2, then it seems a waste of time to duplicate effort...

--Matthew