Re: some more issues with the new API

From: Angus Duggan
Subject: Re: some more issues with the new API
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 17:40:22 -0800 (PST)

Just van Rossum writes:
>But what people need most is a "text service"...

There are applications that don't need it, and the ones I have in mind are
such things. If useless (to me) text service made FreeType harder for me to
use, I won't use it. I feel if you want a higher level text service, then
write such a thing as a separately compilable and/or loadable layer, and
distribute it with FT2. Don't remove the low-level interface to do it, though.

a.