Problems linking with ftglyph.o

From: Ivan Nincic
Subject: Problems linking with ftglyph.o
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 15:24:48 -0700

Hello,

I am trying to use FT_Get_Glyph_Bitmap in a demo app (on WinNT, Visual
C++), however I am getting a linker error for all functions in
ftglyph.c. I guess ftglyph functions are not part of the compiled FT
.lib file. Also, I tried to include ftglyph.c in my project, but the
linker error is still there.

FT makefile says:
# Base layer `extensions' sources
# An extension is added to the library file (.a or .lib) as a separate
object.
# It will then be linked to the final executable only if one of its
symbols is used by the application.

Do you know what is the right way to deal with this problem?  Is there a
make option to make ftglyph.c part of the .lib?
I know that ftstring.c is using this function, but I can't figure out
what those makefiles are doing.

Thank You,

Ivan