Re: [Devel] FT2 + cygwin

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] FT2 + cygwin
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 17:46:50 +0100

Hi Karsten,

I have not approved your message to the devel list, because the
joined file is about 200 Kb !!

Anyway, thanks,

> Hi David,
>
> I've been working on the build system today and I got it working on NT with
> MSVC and on UWIN with both MSVC and GCC. Building on Cygwin breaks in
> configure, but maybe I have to update my Cygwin installation. I'll
> investigate on this tomorrow.
>
> I changed UNIX detection from looking for /sbin/init to /usr/bin. I don't
> know if this can break anything else!
>
> I prevent Win32 and DOS auto-detection by looking for /usr/bin, too. Since
> this is not a valid Windows path the $(strip $(wildcard /usr/bin) statement
> should always evaluate to an empty string in a plain Windows gmake.

I'm not so sure..

Actually, I know some people who have created a /usr/bin directory on their
Windows partition to cope with stupid Unix programs that were ported to that
platform too, so just checking for this might break things for them..

At least, "/sbin/init" seems to be a good choice..

It's been a long time since I didn't run a BeOS shell, can someone
confirm us that this won't break things on this platform too ??

I'll have a look at your changes tomorrow, I'm a bit to busy for
now.

Cheers,

- David