Re: [Devel] Pascal?

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Devel] Pascal?
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:42:31 +0100

Steve Claridge wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I have been writing a Pascal binding over
the last day or so, I can use it to do basic things like opening
the library, loading a face and accessing the face information.
This works using both Delphi and Kylix.

I was merely thinking in a translator from the .H to .PAS import
units, like what was done in the FPC project. I did give a free run,
it needs quite a bit of work to be able to deal with all the
specificities of David's style, but this is certainly possible.
And this way it will continue to work even for future releases,
which is very important.

The only point I see is that FPK hence H2PAS is GPL-licensed,
which means it cannot be included in an easy way into Freetype.
But this is certainly not a big problem: we can certainly
have "contrib", can we? David, Werner?

If you would like a copy of this binding then let me know and
I will be happy to pass it on, it will need a lot more work before it is *complete*.

Well, you can send it to me if you want (compressed, please.)

Antoine