Re: [Devel] Trimmed monospace font: bug, feature or my fault?

From: Stepan Roh
Subject: Re: [Devel] Trimmed monospace font: bug, feature or my fault?
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:11:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > monospaced font (oblique or not oblique), transformation matrix set
> > to identity - parts of glyphs outside their width are trimmed with
> > same bounding box for oblique and not oblique font face
>
> I can't repeat that.  To test the problem, I did the following:

I tried ftstring too and, you are right, it works as it should. You can
see how the problem looks in KWord on
http://www.srnet.cz/~stepan/temp/matrix_off.png (no matrix explicitly set)
and http://www.srnet.cz/~stepan/temp/matrix_on.png (matrix set to (1,
0.0001, 0, 1)).

> I can't help further, I think.

OK. Thanks a lot for your time.

> Can you contact the authors of the specific programs for further
> investigation?

Yes, it's time for me to act as a fool on another mailing list :-)

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh