Re: [ft-devel] severe problems with subpixel hinting

From: Infinality
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] severe problems with subpixel hinting
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:38:17 -0600

  Reason is, AFAIK, that my host checks the existence of
  `infinality.net' only once (while trying to send), while a mailing
  list retries many times until it gives up.  Any idea whether I can
  improve this on my side?  Or is this only Erik's problem?

I think I know what is causing this. Apparently this happens with certain providers, but it's ultimately due to a misconfiguration on my side. See: http://nix-developer.blogspot.com/2012/03/smtpwebde-fails-to-send-emails.html

My MX record was referencing a CNAME, which is apparently a no-no. So, I changed mail.infinality.net to an A record. May take a bit to go into effect. Let me know how it works out.