Re: [ft-devel] severe problems with subpixel hinting

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] severe problems with subpixel hinting
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 18:32:41 +0100 (CET)

> Well, I've been building the dynamic library and then using LD_PRELOAD
> to reference it.  I verified with ldd that it is in fact loading the
> newly-compiled library.  Still, I am unable to reproduce it.

Strange.

> How would I go about running ftview once I have the static .a
> library?

Let's assume that you've built FreeType in directory `freetype2' with
`make devel; make', and let's assume that the demo package is in
directory `freetype2-demos'.  Then simply do

  cd freetype2-demos
  make

to get static builds of the demo programs.  Then repeat the whole
process of building FreeType and the demo programs with the subpixel
hinting macro disabled (after saving the just created binaries, of
course).

BTW, I'm using a 32bit GNU/Linux box.