Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update and complete API reference website

From: Nikhil Ramakrishnan
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update and complete API reference website
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 22:28:33 +0530

* DocPara will compare this value (previous para's indent) with the
  current indentation. If indent > margin + 2, it will add 4 spaces
  to the first line (see below for why I'm adding 4 spaces).

I just realized that this would cause a problem with nested lists. A
solution here is to indent multi-paragraph lists to 4 spaces in the docs
itself, so that docwriter is freed from the responsibility of keeping track of
the spaces.

If this is done, docwriter will only check if
indentation(current paragraph) >= 4 + indentation(parent paragraph).

The parent paragraph is the closest outer paragraph before the first
4-space indented paragraph started.

Therefore for convenience, I'm keeping the required indentation at 3
spaces, and adding 4 wherever there are 3 or more.

This becomes invalid as the responsibility of 4-space indentation is
now on the source.

See the attached screenshots, for an idea of how this will work.

--
Nikhil