Re: [ft-devel] Need clarification on font cutoff

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Need clarification on font cutoff
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 07:49:37 +0200 (CEST)

> This issue is seen with embedded devices cortex based and not with
> desktop.  Do we need to think any special cases w.r.t. embedded
> devices?  Please let me know.

Basically, there is no difference.  The bug might be either in
FreeType or in your code, unveiled by a change in FreeType.  I can't
tell.

> It's not freely available font.  Currently, we don't have simple
> code ready.  Where can I take demo programs?  I will try executing
> it and update.

The demo programs can be downloaded at

  https://www.freetype.org/download.html

There are also links to clone both the `freetype2' and
`freetype2-demos' git repositories.

Have a look at

  https://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/tutorial/example1.c

for a very simple example that dumps a string of glyphs to stdout.  If
you can't reproduce your problem with the demo programs like `ftview'
or `ftdiff', adapt this example code to your commands until it
triggers the problem.