[Freetype] Re: Summary of ANSI preprocessor trouble..

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: [Freetype] Re: Summary of ANSI preprocessor trouble..
Date: 12 Dec 2000 09:53:09 -0500

David Turner <address@hidden> writes:

>   - lexems are formed by _any_ suite of contiguous characters
>     that are not whitespace !! So #include <FOO/xxxx> should normally
>     never substitute, even though it does in a number of cases..

According to ISO/IEC 9899:1990, Section 6.8.2

  The methos by which a sequence of preprocessing tokens between a <
  and a > preprocessing token pair or a pair of " characters is
  combined into a single header name preprocessing token is
  implementation defined.

However,

  A preprocessing directive of the form

    # include pp-tokens new-line

  (that does not match one of the previous two forms) is permitted.

An example later shows

  #if VERSION == 1
        #define INCFILE "vers1.h"
  #elif VERSION == 2
        #define INCFILE "vers2.h"
  #else
        #define INCFILE "versN.h"
  #endif
  #include INCFILE

So I'd say, the latter way is the way to go if we want to use cpp
tricks to find headers.  Unfortunately, that _still_ means changing a
bunch of files.  I think it would probably be better to skip the cpp
tricks and use -I (or similar on other machines), but I can't remember
why that choice wasn't used in the first place....

--
Alan Shutko <address@hidden> - In a variety of flavors!
May your SO always know when you need a hug.