Re: [Freetype] Re: Summary of ANSI preprocessor trouble..

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Re: Summary of ANSI preprocessor trouble..
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:13:43 +0100

Hi Sven,

> I have never understood why you started to fiddle with the
> header files again because I was quite happy with the new
> include path (../include/freetype2/freetype) and the inclusion
> of the freetype-config script.

Because we're pathetic perfectionists, what else ? ;-)

There's a French saying that says:

  le "mieux" est l'ennemi du "bien"

which barely translates to:

  "better" is "good"'s best ennemy

I think we fell in this trap pretty badly !!

More precisely, because it was asked by some Unix people
that considered it "too bad" that an additional -I flag
was needed..

But there's no portable way to support the recommended
change, and I think we should ditch this "improvement"
completely, getting back to the joy of the <freetype/...>
and freetype-config :-)

Cheers,

- David