Re: [Freetype] weird glyph width/heights

From: Brian Stell
Subject: Re: [Freetype] weird glyph width/heights
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 09:45:07 -0700

HaB JacKaL wrote:
> As an aside...I keep seeing references in the API docs and tutorials to
> "26.6 format pixels".  Uhh...whazzat?

It is a way to use allow an "integer" to have a fractional part.
It gives the effect of a floating point number but on some
systems is much faster.

For 26.6: of the 32 bits, bits 0-5 are the fraction and 6-31 are the
integer.

> Can they be converted to screen pixels?

Just shift right 6 bits to get the integer.

Same basic idea for 16.16 but of course there are 16 bits of
fraction.

Brian Stell